Disclaimer: I am chair of the Board of Directors of the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs and Executives. The following event is organized by FWE&E, although I’ve not been actively involved with its planning.
Later this month, the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs and Executives, the Bay Area’s most active forum for women in leadership roles, will host the half-day conference “Business Applications of Social Networking.” The event will be held Tuesday, March 25th at the Computer History Museum and is being underwritten by Google.
Unlike other events on the topic are designed for social media insiders or that serve as an arena for platform wars, this event is designed to help business leaders better understand and extract value from social networks. This time-efficient conference isn’t about platform or profiles; it’s about leveraging social media and networking tools for your business. Speakers include:
- Ross Mayfield, Chairman, President & Co-founder, Socialtext;
- Jeremiah Owyang, Senior Analyst, Social Computing, Forrester Research;
- Karen Appleton, VP Business Development, Box.net;
- Katie Jacobs Stanton, Principal, New Business Development,Google, Inc;
- Teresa Valdez Klein, Director of Web Operations, Parnassus Ventures;
- Lena West, CEO & Founder, xynoMedia Technology;
- Robin Wolaner, Founder and CEO, TeeBeeDee; and
- Gina Bianchini, CEO, Ning.
If you’ve wondered how to make Facebook, LinkedIn, Ning, or any of the dozens of social networking tools more pertinent to your business, I recommend you register for and attend this practical, time-efficient conference. Early registration discounts expire March 7.